This porridge recipe is the perfect breakfast choice to get your day off to a good start. It tastes more like an indulgent dessert rather than a four ingredient breakfast meal and it is super easy to make and jam packed full of healthy plant based protein and flavour.
The Peanut Butter provides protein and healthy fat whilst the oats slowly release complex carbs to keep you powered and going all morning. The fruit/cacao nibs add a bit of sweetness!
You Will Need-
- 20g Of Rolled Oats (you can double this recipe for a larger portion but I personally get full very easily from oats so I only do half!)
- 180ml of unsweetened plant based milk of your choice- I use Rude Health’s unsweetened almond milk as it has a naturally sweet flavour without the sugar.
- Tablespoon of Meridian 100% Organic Peanut Butter- This stuff is amazing as it only contains peanuts! There are no added sugars or salts; It is literally just 100% roasted peanuts.
- Handful Of Berries such as strawberries or blueberries (or both!)
- Optional- Cacao nibs transform this is to a healthy chocolate and peanut butter recipe! Great for curbing sugar cravings throughout the day!
I feel like I do not really need to tell you how to make porridge as it is pretty straightforward, but I simply just heat the oats and milk in the pan for five minutes, never letting it boil and stir it continuously to prevent it going clumpy and horrible. You can add more milk/water if you feel it is a bit too thick. I then add the fruit and nut butter afterwards and mix it all in! Please let me know if you try this recipe for yourself! Have a lovely day! xxx