I got really fed up of spending so much money on my skincare products. Although I believe in investing in skincare, I thought it surely does not have to be so expensive. Not everyone can afford to buy expensive skincare items every month, so i was determined to find an affordable skin care routine for acne prone skin that actually works, is gentle and suitable for even sensitive skin. I believe I have found it! All of these products only cost me £17! That is cheaper than just one of my other products that I use on a daily basis so you can imagine how happy I am that this actually works.
- Nivea Light Moisterising Day Cream Normal To Combo- £4.10
- Garnier Micellar Cleansing Gel Wash- £3.99
- Garnier Micellar Water- £4.99
- Nivea Gentle Exfoliating Scrub Normal To Combo- £3.99
- The first thing I do is remove my makeup. To do this, I use the Micellar water. Garnier Micellar water is no secret among the blogging community, but I have to admit that it is 100% worth the hype. Removing make-up is so important for maintaining healthy skin. Other than my rule of No Sun, No Smoking And Eat Healthily, removing makeup is another essential thing I do. If you are not wearing makeup, you can use the Micellar water as a toner after cleansing and before moisturising!
- Next I use the Micellar gel wash. This stuff is AMAZING. I do not know how I have ever lived without it. It is so gentle on the skin and leaves it feeling clean and soft with zero residue. Your skin just feels healthy.
- After this, I use the Nivea scrub. I only exfoliate three times a week so my skin is not irritated, but this stuff is so gentle that you could get away with exfoliating more than three times If you need to. It removes all dirt and grime without drying the skin and it is great for acne prone skin as it is not aggravating and it contains lots of Vitamin E which is very mild and great for clearing up spots.
- Finally, I use this Nivea Light Moisturising day cream both at night and in the morning. I have had a serious issue finding a moisturiser that does not break me out and that actually does hydrate my skin. This was recommended to me by one of my best friends who has beautiful, clear skin and I have to say how amazing this stuff is! In only a few days, my skin texture feels much nicer and my breakouts are clearing up.
That is it for my affordable acne skin care routine. I hope you like it and do let me know if you give it a go! See you next time! xox